Wednesday, May 2, 2012

skyline

I suppose I could have snapped a pic of the Oklahoma clouds surrounding me but when I think of skylines, I think bright lights, big city. Singapore's skyline encompasses both of those things. I took this photo while traveling through Southeast Asia for 6 weeks last April. Singapore seemed a little out of place amongst all the other third world countries I was visiting. Maybe it was the contrast that made it seem that much more spectacular. Regardless, Singapore was a beautiful and CLEAN city. Singapore is home to over 4,300 high rise buildings, 49 of those being skyscrapers that rise higher than 140 metres. For such a small country, this city has mass appeal. Or maybe it's just me. Then again, having a mall on virtually every corner might just have that kind of effect on a girl with a serious retail therapy problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment